10 October, 2017

"Some people aren't meant to be in your life forever" - so true. But the change (for the better) they've made in you, the memories that continue to make you smile even after all this time - they are forever. And so I write this with a heart that's still overwhelmed with appreciation for all that you've done; a heart that's still learning to forgive; a heart that's finally at peace.

There are memories that are still painful to recall. But at the end of the day, we grow through every experience, don't we? For me, it is no longer about letting go, but learning, and accepting. I figured that "letting go" was never the solution because you don't simply stop loving someone. You either always will, or you never did in the first place. And when that realization hit me, I stopped struggling. Instead, I've learned and accepted that this is how it was all meant to be. It's no longer a sense of loss, but a blessing - for me to get to where I am today.

I thank you for all that you've once given me. I also thank you for all that you didn't - especially a chance for us to happen. Because of all that you've put me through, I was allowed to find myself again - the self that I lost in trying to be the perfect partner for you. I thank you for coming into my life as my "two bicycles", and then walking out on me. Because when you did, you shattered every part of me you once mended, along with the idea of "two bicycles" - that is but a convenient escape from the reality I was never strong enough to face. You were different, and you made it all so easy for me to lean on. But what I needed was to be strong, on my own. And I'm glad I have.

I wish the same for you. I wish that you are as grateful as I am that things didn't work out the way you (we) once wanted them to. Sometimes God doesn't give us what we want, but He never fails to give us what we need. He's been working miracles in my life, and I'm sure He is for you too.

We may not talk anymore, but I continue to hope for the best for you. I pray that God will continue to fulfill all your heart's desires. I pray that He will grant you wisdom, and courage, to go forth and pursue great things in life that are pleasing to Him. I pray that He continues to guide you in starting that NGO you hope to start, or to one day lead that ministry you wish to lead. (If these things still apply, that is.) I pray that God will purify your heart and shape you into the loving man you were designed to be. I pray that you will continue to make the right decisions to glorify and honour Him. I pray that He will continue to show you your worth, and surround you with people who will edify you. I pray that He grants you favour this upcoming year, and all the days thereafter.

As we continue to grow apart, I pray for peace in our hearts. I pray that we eventually learn to reconcile all the hurt we've both experienced from our past. I pray that we let God use those experiences as a perfect preparation for us to do His will. I pray that we will always love one another, as brothers and sisters in Christ. In Jesus mighty name, Amen.

From the deepest of my heart: Happy birthday.