07 April, 2018

The things that you do, they still kill me a little inside. I should be happy, happy that you're finally learning to let go. But the thought of how I'd slowly and eventually become nothing but a past you don't want to remember, that's too much to bear. Afterall, a part of me once wanted you to be my everything, like how you promised that I'd be yours.

I think about how our lives flashed before our eyes in that car accident in US (I still get the chills), and how I told myself I'd never want to lose you; but I still did. I think of all our goals and dreams we made together; but we won't be there to witness it for one another. I think about how much you claimed and still claim to love me; but these are just words that no longer mean anything.

I wish you knew how much it took for me to give this a second chance, and how much it breaks me for how it all turned out. I'm not the best at walking away from people, but with you, I have to. If there's one thing that hasn't changed, it's how much I (still) believe in you. I know you'll be successful in all that you set out to do, to realize those big dreams you have, and become that amazing person accomplishing extraordinary things in life. You once told me you believe you're meant for greater things - you truly are. But I honestly wouldn't know how to deal with not being the one who sees you through it all. Or rather, to witness someone else being there for you every step away, when that person should've been me.

In situations like these where staying and leaving are tough decisions to make, you just end up choosing the one that hurts less, don't you? But regardless, you'll always have a part of me wherever you go. Know that through the good times and the bad, someone out there will always be rooting for you. And I just want you to know (in advance) that I'm mad proud of you for all that you're gonna achieve. Remember, we said 2018 was gonna be our year (for our careers) - let's make it happen. (:

Stay happy always. 

With love,
Bird