13 July, 2022

empress

That feeling when you finally reconnect with a friend after 10+ years. (':

You've always been that friend I wish I had through the many highs and lows over the past few years. Even though we'd meet in group gatherings, that line you drew (kayyy we now know it wasn't intentional, but still) always kept us at a distance. I wasn't sure how things were gonna be like when I asked you out, but I'm really glad I did, and even gladder you agreed. I love how we caught up so naturally from where we left off, and how you (still) get me without me having to say much. 

Call me crazy all you want, laugh at how this seems all so silly to you, but there's no denying that I did miss having you around (even if it's one sided), maybe more than I should, and I'm just glad to know that after all this time, I still have a friend in you.

Thank you for being that very mature and grown up one who always knew the right thing to say and do, especially when I was a complete mess after losing my dad when we were only 17. Thank you for picking me up and having your entire life revolve around me (or so it felt) when you had absolutely no obligations to. Thank you for always having my back and looking out for me - I'm sure there were many times that went unnoticed. Thank you for being that friend who gives me a space I feel safe enough to share about anything and everything.

I hope that in the many years to come, I can be (at least half of) that friend to you.